Creating a Creative Economy
The creative industry is one of the Fast-Growing Sectors in the world and the youth are at the center stage in leading the industry
DefinitionsThe creative industries sector is also referred to as the ‘creative and cultural industries‘ or the ‘creative and digital industries‘ or the ‘creative industry‘ within the ‘creative economy‘. Most recently they have been called the ‘Orange Economy‘ (La Economía Naranja) in Latin America and the Caribbean.
The terminology can be confusing!
Broadly speaking, the term ‘creative industries’ refers to a range of economic activities that are concerned with the generation and commercialisation of creativity, ideas, knowledge and information.
The ‘creative industries’ in a nutshell… br The term ‘creative industries’ describes businesses with creativity at their heart – for example design, music, publishing, architecture, film and video, crafts, visual arts, fashion, TV and radio, advertising, literature, computer games and the performing arts.
The creative industries have the potential to regenerate economies and create jobs and wealth. An example of
a project to help creative and digital industries businesses to grow is the Liverpool Creative Growth
Initiative. See the Creative Regeneration article and video which provides details of this project
The digital sector is one of the fastest growing industries internationally. If you want a creative career below are some options you have:
- Acting, you can use TikTok to show your acting skills
- Advertising and marketing, particularly areas such as copywriting and content writing
- Art and design, including product, graphic and fashion design, artist, and art gallery curator
- Photography and video, you can use social media to show people your work
- Careers involving writing
- Music, there many platforms nowadays to upload your music for free